If you are like most homeowners you don’t think about the parts of a refrigerator before it stops running, or it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most from this invaluable appliance it can be very good to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cool—and Tru Trenton Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn everything you might need to know concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to hire refrigerator repair Trenton.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-own kitchen appliance for several years now. A refrigerator can store food at the best temperature, to reduce rotting and stop harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from inside of the appliance to the exterior, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Tru Trenton Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional company if the compressor stops working.
A condenser is located on the rear outside panel of the appliance and is there to release the heat collected from within the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is installed on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth held within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the unit.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to call a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified coolant is carried through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas, turning it back into a liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the temperature within the refrigerator, starting a new cooling period as necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Trenton for repair right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors alert the compressor to start, and then the next cooling cycle starts. The unit draws in the cool liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor guides the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the outside of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the room and reverts to a liquid state.
3. The cool liquid continues on its trip towards the evaporator component, traveling through the many coils within the appliance and freezer.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the warm air from within the refrigerator, thereby reducing the temperature down to the correct set point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will turn back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor unit to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a number of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one place and then distributing it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, creates a perfect storage space for perishable food, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? You can schedule an appointment with Tru Trenton Appliance Repair.
Tru Trenton Appliance Repair is able to repair almost all popular brands and models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced technicians in Trenton undergo training to repair issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart synchronization and various issues. We know refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working